Fatigue, exhaustion, tiredness, burnout are common problems of many today. Almost everyone feels slightly, sometimes heavily tired during the day. What is chronic fatigue syndrome? What are the diseases that cause weakness?
What is chronic fatigue? 20 tricks to help you cope with fatigue!
Nephrologists, who work at home especially during the pandemic period, said that fatigue complaints increase in those who lose their jobs, and gave tips that can help in dealing with chronic fatigue.
What is chronic fatigue syndrome?
Mentally, physically and chronically, fatigue collected in three different groups can be defined as lack of energy and motivation. It is described as burnout, exhaustion, weakness. Chronic fatigue syndrome is when a person feels tired all the time.
It is also called burnout syndrome. It occurs as a result of loading work above the capacity of the person without getting enough rest. It prepares the ground for malnutrition, insufficient sleep, inactivity, stress fatigue syndrome. It can be seen in all age groups, in both sexes. But it’s more common in working mothers.
Pandemic stress increases chronic fatigue
Increased stress, anxiety and anxiety during the pandemic increased complaints about chronic fatigue. Fatigue began to appear more due to the stress experienced by those who lost their jobs, especially those who worked at home.
Malnutrition and inactivity are the most important reasons
There are many reasons, but malnutrition and inactivity are the most important causes. As a solution to inactivity, inter-room walking or simple movements that can be done at home allow us to maintain our pace and move. Avoiding a diet such as fatty foods and pastries during the period of rinse at home ensures that the body balance is maintained at least during periods of low movement.
How is chronic fatigue syndrome diagnosed?
Chronic fatigue syndrome is put in place by researching and ruled out diseases that cause weakness. Therefore, it is necessary to know well the causes that lead to weakness.
Causes of weakness:
- Anemia: Especially in women with high menstrual bleeding
- Heart disease
- Renal failure
- Vitamin deficiency
- Underwork of the thyroid gland
- Hidden urinary tract infection
- Diabetes, insulin resistance
- Hypoglycemia: Decreased sugar
- Excess alcohol
- Food allergy, e.g. gluten
- Adrenal gland diseases
- Use drugs such as diuretics etc. in order to lose weight, reduce edema
- Drug used for any reason (even if it has been used for years)
- Vision problem: Especially if your glasses number has changed
- Chronic infection: (e.g. tuberculosis)
- Chronic bronchitis
- Muscle diseases
- Iron deficiency: Can make weakness even if it does not make anemia
- Advanced cancer
- Sleep apnea
- Mineral deficiencies: Especially in those who eat irregularly
What can be used to combat fatigue?
- Healthy lifestyle should be taken care of. Miracle cures, doping should be avoided.
- Better sleep is required.
- Avoid pastries and desserts.
- Beverages containing caffeine and sugar such as tea, coffee and cola should not be consumed too much.
- Do not be dehydrated.
- It is necessary to avoid irregularities during working hours.
- Food should not be eaten late at night.
- Energy drinks should be avoided.
- Working mothers should seek help and support from their spouses.
- Inactivity should be avoided so that the muscles do not weaken.
- Do not be constantly engaged with mobile phones.
- Television, computer should not be seated by being at the screen all the time.
- Long-term uncontrolled fasting diets should not be performed.
- Not to lose too much weight in a short time.
- Herbal products should not be used unconsciously.
- Snack diet products should be eaten limited.
- Adequate, regular feeding. Foods with a high glycemic index, such as sugary drinks and sweets, should be avoided. It can be useful to eat rich in vegetables, fruits. In general, nuts such as fruits and vegetables and walnuts may benefit, but the measure should not be missed.
- If there is a weight, it must be lost.
- Move as much as possible and take plenty of outdoor walks.
- Avoid stress.