Experts note that surgery is not required in every hernia treatment, and some patients can recover with physical therapy. In hernia treatment, who can have surgery in 7 articles and who can recover with physical therapy?
The majority of the population complain of back, back or neck pains at certain periods of their lives. Although these pains are often due to mechanical problems in the muscle or ligaments, many of them are also caused by joint degeneration or disc hernia, i.e. hernia.
Physiotherapist specialists who gave information about hernia treatment shared the following information:
- As many of us know, a hernia is a condition in which the discs between the joints tear the sheaths, putting pressure on either the nerve roots or the spinal cord at that level. In 3% of these cases, surgery is required, while the remaining 97% are cured by medication or, in later cases, physical therapy.
- As is known, hernia problem causes severe restrictions and labor losses in patients, but long-term relaxation can be achieved with purpose-planned physical therapy and exercise programs. Being late for serious complaints can sometimes cause irreversible damage, and therefore, especially in the symptoms of loss of power, a doctor should be consulted immediately.
What conditions are surgical in the hernia and which are not?
Specialist Physiotherapists notes that in the treatment of hernias, which conditions can or will not be operated on:
1- Only pain is not sufficient evidence for surgery, if there is numbness, further examination should be performed.
2- Although movement limitations suggest hernias, they often indicate muscle or ligament problems.
3- Numbness only on the hands or feet can be confused with some nerve compressions, although there is a hernia finding.
4- Complaints of cold in the hands and feet are not among the hernia symptoms.
5- Muscle strength loss is the most obvious symptom for surgery, a doctor should be consulted in the loss of fingers or ankle muscles.
6- Balance problems in walking or the fall of hand-held objects are symptoms for further examination.
7- Sometimes pains may occur not in the waist or neck, but also in the leg or arm stimulated by the relevant nerve, in which case they must be examined.