What is hemorrhoids? What are symptoms and treatment? One of the most common diseases, significantly reduce the quality of life when left untreated.
Hemorrhoids, which are among the “hidden health problems” in society due to their appearance in the breech region, can be treated with simple interventions when noticed in the early stages, but can progress and require surgical procedures because they are hidden.
The disease also has a direct relationship with eating habits. Therefore, food also plays an important role in the treatment. Doctors gave information about hemorrhoids and treatment methods.
The treatment process becomes more difficult as the stage progresses
Hemorrhoidsoccur in two ways, internal and external. External hemorrhoids are commonly seen in long-sitting employees, while they are internal hemorrhoids that require actual treatment and perform functions that are very important for quality of life, such as large ablution.
The disease is studied in 4 stages, and the treatment of each universe is different. In the first stage, only signs of bleeding appear, while in other stages an increasingly swollen mass appears. Stage one and two hemorrhoids do not require surgery unless they have to.
It can be controlled with drug treatment and diet program. Third and fourth stage hemorrhoids are considered to have reached the stage of surgery. At the time of diagnosis of the disease, if there is a third stage, it is necessary to perform the surgery without progression.
Because surgery in the fourth stage can be a challenging process both for patient comfort and for the desired outcome of the procedure. Since hemorrhoids may need to be completely removed, problems such as soring or large abduction or gas leaking may occur in that region in the future.
A return to normal life is possible with an 8-minute procedure
When hemorrhoid diagnosis is made at the earliest possible stage, patient comfort can be ensured with the application called “longo procedure”, which takes an average of 8-10 minutes. This process can be done by using the painless, without hemorrhoids and by cutting off some of the mainstream vessels leading to hemorrhoids.
The procedure is carried out with disposable technological instruments and no surgical scars are formed. Women experience less pain problems after the procedure due to their anatomical structure. However, male patients between the ages of 25 and 35 may experience a feeling of discomfort that lasts for several days.
Another method, “Doppler”, is based on the upward collection of hemorrhoids made under general anesthesia and overflowing out of the area. Compared to the Longo method, it is completed in a period of 45 minutes. Antibiotic treatments are applied after surgeries, it is recommended to consume juicy foods against the risk of constipation. Then the patient can return to normal life.
What you need to know about hemorrhoids:
- Closely related to feeding-habits, are common due to the consumption of too much red meat.
- Spicy food itself does not cause hemorrhoids, but eating too much red hot pepper, chilies, or any hot spicy food; hemorrhoial disease irritates that area.
- One of the biggest problems in pregnant women: When the baby’s head enters the pelvic area, it blocks the transformation of dirty blood, and hemorrhoids swell in pregnant women. Most of it heals after birth, but in some cases surgery is required for hemorrhoids that do not heal after pregnancy.
- It is very common in people with chronic constipation.
- Genetic factors are also very effective. There may be a structural predisposition from the family.
- External hemorrhoids are often seen in many sitting employees; office workers, taxi drivers, bankers.
- Hot or cold sitting baths are recommended for hemorrhoid treatment. However, since the icy cold water bath cannot be done for a long time, a hot sitting bath is usually recommended. Sitting baths for internal hemorrhoids may be useful, but they have no effect on the external ones.
- Diet is very important in the healing of hemorrhoids. It is recommended to consume foods with fiber and olive oil weight. The consumption of at least 2.3 liters of water per day is also important.
- Due to the low pelvic floor in women, the rates are higher for men.
- Symptoms may be confused with other diseases. Therefore, bleeding complaints should be taken into consideration and the presence of diseases such as rectum or large bowel cancer should be checked. Because sometimes both hemorrhoids and rectal tumors can be seen in the patient at the same time.