Coenzyme Q10, the molecule that is naturally present in our body and whose main task is to convert the foods we eat into energy, is an important supplement in reducing the signs of aging as well as supporting the treatment of many diseases.
Coenzyme Q10 slows down aging process
We need antioxidants such as Coenzyme Q to fight the “free radicals” in our body, which begin to damage tissues when their number exceeds a certain proportion.
Coenzyme Q10 is found in every cell throughout the body, especially the heart, liver, kidneys and pancreas, neutralizing free radicals and maintaining cell structure. It increases the body’s resistance to many health problems, from life-threatening diseases such as heart disease and cancer to slowing down the negative effects of aging on the body.
Coenzyme Q10 contributes to the strengthening of both a normal immune system and the weakening immune system (in patients with immuno suppressive pressure).
Coenzyme Q10 deficiency can be among the causes of many diseases!
The diseases most associated with Coenzyme Q include cardiovascular diseases such as heart arrhythmia, heart failure, hypertension, ischemic heart disease, heart attack, pulmonary arterial hypertension, degenerative muscle diseases, bone diseases, cancers, diabetes and neuro degenerative diseases such as Huntington’s, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, Autism Spectrum Disorders (OSB).
In patients with breast, lung and pancreatic cancer, Q10 levels were abnormally low. A study of people with high cholesterol found Q10 deficiency in the vast majority of them. Oxidative stress increases in both hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism conditions, negatively affecting Q10 levels.
Why coenzyme Q10 should be in our lives:
- Because it has an important role in the treatment and prevention of high cholesterol, heart failure, heart attack and high blood pressure, which are among the most common diseases.
- Because it is an important protective support in cancer treatment: Research on whether the antioxidant effect of Coenzyme Q10 slows down cancer development is promising. It has also been observed that the supplement Coenzyme Q10 reduces the damage caused to the heart by drugs used to treat cancer.
- Because it improves the quality of life after a heart attack: Q10 use improves the quality of life by reducing the risk of a second heart attack in the weakened heart after a heart attack by 50%.
- For supporting the treatment of heart failure: Research shows that Coenzyme reduces edema in various parts of the body (especially in the legs and lungs) when taken in addition to other drugs used to treat heart failure. In this way, the patient’s breathing is easier and the capacity to exercise increases.
- In the treatment of high blood pressure: Q10, together with a regular dietary program and controlled sodium consumption, makes an important contribution to lowering blood pressure in hypertension patients.
- Lowering high cholesterol: Patients with high cholesterol who were given Q10 supplements for 2 weeks had an average 12.7% reduction in their LDL cholesterol levels, known as bad cholesterol.
Other benefits of Coenzyme Q10 application:
- It has a strong antioxidant effect and reduces the effects of free radicals on the skin surface. Coenzyme Q10 is one of the components also used in skin care products; however, instead of using it in the form of cream, it is more beneficial for the skin to get the Coenzyme Q10 level naturally with the right nutrients.
- Increases energy with exercise in weight loss programs.
- Taking Coenzyme Q10 supplements during heavy and strenuous exercises in athletes reduces muscle damage.
- It is also used in the treatment of support in eye vein bleeding disorders and eye pressure.
- It has a protective effect against liver damage.
- It supports the immune system in people with immune system suppressing diseases such as HIV virus.
- The effect of wound healing after tooth extraction was examined and it was seen to contribute to soft tissue healing.
- It stops tinnitus.
- Cortisol partially prevents side effects on bones.
- Manifested by widespread chronic body pain and weakness; supports the treatment of fibromyalgia patients with symptoms such as fatigue, reluctance, sleep disturbance, waking up tired in the morning, headache and depression.
To get Coenzyme Q10 naturally:
The daily need for Coenzyme is around 10 mg. If you do not experience severe Coenzyme Q10 deficiency, you may not need to use supplements. You can get the Coenzyme Q10 you need naturally by paying attention to your diet.
The amount of Q10 that people with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease and other diseases should take is determined only by the tests to be performed and the support that should be received may vary from person to person.
First of all, the fish species richest in Coenzyme Q10 are salmon and herring, which are oily cold sea fish. Seafood such as trout, sardines, mackerel, animal meat such as beef, heart, liver, kidney, and vegetable oils such as soy, canola and sesame oil, chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, oranges, nuts contain Coenzyme Q10. Frying in oil from cooking methods reduces the effect of Q10.